COMMUNITY BASED REHABILITATION
It helps clients, carers and parents to;
• Access day care and residential therapy services with in their reach.
• Learn, discover & build on client’s abilities
• Stop focusing on children’s disabilities.
• Creates awareness, reduces stigma among others.
This aims at;
• Early identification and intervention of children with special needs
• Stimulating early childhood development
• Providing special needs education
• Integrating children with special needs into regular schools.
As a result, the child’s chances to develop positive skills needed to lead a successful and productive life become higher.
This program further ensures;
• Children reach full intellectual, social, emotional and physical potential.
• Families are supported to support child growth and development.
• Early learning, communication skills development.
• Promotes copying confidence in children.
• Prevents emergency of future problems.
BASIC VOCATIONAL SKILLS TRAINING
This program helps to;
• Impart practical skills to our clients/children.
• Empower our clients to implement these skills.
• Promote self-employment and self-reliance.
• Promote community interaction with PWDs,
• Promote participation of PWDs in developmental activities.
• Overcome unemployment challenges.
DOOR TO DOOR HOME BASED THERAPY
This program is intended to benefit patients/clients with;
• Chronic diseases like stroke, chronic back pain, arthritis, trauma, dementia,
• Special needs/disability in children and adults
• Elderly / geriatric care.
It helps patients/clients to;
• Receive visiting therapists, health workers and teachers to offer therapy/treatment or training services at a client’s home
• Receive treatment and training at their convenience
• Have easy access to rehabilitation services
• Receive home based therapy trainings of patient’s carers
• Receive home adaptations/modifications to suit client’s needs
• Raising public awareness,
• Educating and sensitizing of the public on the prevention, management of special needs.
• Promoting society integration of people with special needs
• Reducing on stigma and increasing ability to fight for the rights of PWDs
• Increasing chances to access rehabilitation services as well as seeking for support.
DAY CARE CENTRE AND PRE-SCHOOL INTEGRATION PROGRAM
UMRC started smiling kids day care Centre for children without special needs in the same locality.
This program aims at offering;
• Early child assessment
• Early child stimulation
• Day care
• Pre-school learning (baby, middle and top class learning)
• Parental child upbringing tips
This helps in creating an integrated learning environment that is conducive for children.